July 2016 issue of FRANCE Magazine out now!
- Credit: Archant
In the July 2016 issue of FRANCE Magazine, we go on the trail of the writer Marcel Pagnol in Provence, suss out some of the best places to stay in the idyllic Dordogne Valley and cruise the rivers from Normandy to Champagne
All paths lead to Pagnol
Ray Kershaw travels to the western corner of Provence near to Marseille to bring us the story behind the much-loved writer and film-maker Marcel Pagnol. This captivating tale includes visits to the Pagnols’ holiday home in Les Bellons, a trip to Pagnol’s hometown of Aubagne, a trek along the Marcel Pagnol Trail and a tipple inside The Bar de la Marine in Marseille.
Where to stay in… the Dordogne Valley
This tranquil corner of central south-west France is the theme of this month’s accommodation feature. From hilltop hideaways to chic châteaux with to-die-for panoramic views, we reveal the best places to stay in this idyllic part of l’hexagone.
Taking a slow… River Dance
Howard Walker meanders along the Seine and Marne rivers to Champagne on the first half of an epic boat journey from the Channel to the Mediterranean. Highlights include passing by the harbourside in picturesque Honfleur, cruising past the magnificent Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris and sailing through Champagne vineyards along the River Marne.
- 1 Iconic landmarks: The story behind Paris’ Arc de Triomphe
- 2 10 Romantic Hotels In France
- 3 Take a stroll in and around Pornic in Loire-Atlantique
- 4 French Properties: 5 houses with swimming pools for sale in France
- 5 See inside: Escape to the Chateau DIY's Chateau de Lomenie for sale
- 6 Discover the South of France villa from the upcoming Downton Abbey film
- 7 Why Boulogne-sur-Mer makes for a perfect family escape
- 8 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 9 What’s inside the May 2022 issue of FRANCE Magazine UK?
- 10 Who are the Kretz family members from Netflix’s The Parisian Agency?
Getting active in the Ardennes
Robin Gauldie ventures to the lesser-known area of the Ardennes on an action-packed weekend break. His trip sees him zip wire halfway across a forest, drive a 2CV, canoe along the River Semoy, take a Segway tour of the countryside and cycling alongside the River Meuse.
Plus, we uncover the best events in Corsica this summer, go on a 24-hour cycling challenge in Le Mans and suss out the top places to eat in Southern Brittany.
Buy the July 2016 issue of FRANCE Magazine here!
Or take advantage of our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!