Learn French in France
Le Poiron Bonjour offers a number of residential French language courses ADVERTORIAL FEATURE
Join us in the heart of the Vendée at Le Château du Poiron.
- Our inspiring residential courses will make you feel at home and immerse you in the French language and culture.
- Build your confidence with structured tuition, activities and outings.
- Small groups, a maximum of six, giving individual attention and support.
- Improve your listening, speaking and understanding skills in a relaxed environment and stunning location.
- Complete beginners to more advanced learners are welcome. Not sure of your level? You might like to take the language skills test on our website.
- 1 3 key things you need to know about visas for France
- 2 Real Life: Canalside life in an idyllic Hérault village
- 3 8 Instagram accounts all French learners should follow
- 4 The Madame Blanc Mysteries: former Coronation Street star swaps Manchester for France
- 5 Take a journey through France with the FRANCE Calendar 2022
- 6 Bargain beauties: 9 renovated French properties on the market for less than €150,000
- 7 Can I disinherit my children?
- 8 What you need to know about France’s Covid-19 health pass system
- 9 Aude: 6 alternative tourist spots in Cathar Country
- 10 Tour de France 2022: 3 new stage hosts announced
- Fully residential on site and fully inclusive price.
“Discover within yourself the latent talent everyone has to speak another language”
Françoise and Mark Duffell, our tutor and your hosts, will welcome you to their home, Le Château du Poiron. Françoise, an experienced native French tutor, has devised a course that will give you maximum exposure to the French language, culture and lifestyle.
“Francoise’s love of language shines brightly and her enthusiasm is infectious; she ensured everyone moved along and met their learning objectives”.
A course with Le Poiron Bonjour includes the following:
- Approximately 20 hours of lessons following a structured programme of tuition to your level.
- Various activities and outings to reinforce your lessons. All designed to give you listening, speaking and understanding practice.
- The opportunity to hear and speak French all day long from breakfast to bedtime.
- Time to relax and socialise with Françoise, Mark, their friends and local people that cannot speak English.
- Immersion into the French culture and a taste of living the French way.
For a detailed course programme please visit our website.
“ Fabulous setting, excellent tuition, great company and food. A truly wining combination”
We offer full board accommodation adjacent to the Château with access to the grounds, swimming pool and Jacuzzi.
All rooms are thoughtfully designed, in keeping with traditional French interiors. Each en suite room has it’s own balcony or terrace overlooking the tranquillity of the surrounding forest and paddocks. All lessons, meals and activities take place within the Château.
During your stay you will be able to sample traditional dishes from the Vendée such as mojettes jambon, potée vendéenne, farci vendéen and more.
Our prices are fully inclusive of -
- Full board en suite accommodation
- Continental style buffet breakfast
- Two course lunch
- Apéritif followed by a three course dinner with wine
- Drinks including tea, coffee and wine
- Approx 20 hours of formal tuition, all activities, specialist lectures, entrance fees for visits and spending money for the market
- One meal at a restaurant
- USB key with your course content for revision.
For our current tariffs and course dates please visit our website
“This course was well worth the money. I would say ’Priceless’ I am most grateful for the tremendous experience. Learning French to make conversation- A great value. Learning through conversation to love the French – PRICELESS! In a word- super! I heartily recommend Le Poiron to anyone with a zest for learning and a teachable spirit.”
If you are keen to improve your French then the type of immersion course we offer may be just what you need. You may have a learnt some French at school, evening classes or on your own from books, DVDs and CDs. Many of our students wish to move on with their learning and in their words ‘ take the next step ‘. This is the reason they decide to attend a course at Le Poiron. We all know, that to improve your French language skills, there is nothing quite like spending time in France and immersing yourself in the Language and culture.
We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you to Le Poiron.