How much money you can expect to make from your gîte in France...and 10 other things we learnt in the March issue of French Property News (plus Living France!)
PUBLISHED: 09:40 10 February 2021
How can I make cider in my French garden? What are the common misconceptions about French mortgages? What do I need to know about buying a car in France? The answers are all in the March issue of French Property News, out now!
1. France’s ‘Petites Cités de Caractère’ are little towns and villages brimming with character, history and enthusiasm. Discover some of them on page 22.
2. Many of us have dreamt of owning a château in France, but what might the reality look like? An estate agent takes a closer look on page 30.
3. Cider-making is a deep-rooted part of heritage in northern France, and with such delicious results it’s easy to see why. Discover how you could make your own French cider, on page 42.
4. Renovating a French chambres d’hôtes takes time, teamwork and the occasional G&T, two business owners reveal on page 50.
5. How much can gîte owners expect to make through a holiday lettings site? An expert does some number crunching on page 54.
6. In a new quarterly renovation round-up, contributor Catharine Higginson is sharing the latest news, tips and ways to save money, and tackles a question on DIY dangers, on page 62.
7. Although aspects of the British and French purchasing and borrowing systems are similar, there are a few key differences. Our expert addresses some common misconceptions on page 72.
8. From hilltop castles to the Mediterranean Sea, with vineyards, valleys and historic towns in between, Aude is a mix of the best of Occitanie. Discover the department on page 88.
9. Buying a vineyard in Vaucluse might not have been the most rational decision, admits a former London finance worker, but it has proved a great success. Read more on page 98.
10. If you plan on living anywhere in France apart from a city, a car is almost certainly essential. When it comes to buying a car in France, you’ll find all the information you need on page 102.
If you want to read and learn more about buying property and living in France, take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!
On the cover: a pretty house with three great outbuildings in Charente, on the market with Charente Immobilier