11 discoveries about life in France from Living France's June issue
PUBLISHED: 09:08 08 May 2019 | UPDATED: 17:22 08 May 2019
In the June 2019 issue of Living France you can find out what it is like to live in Indre-et-Loire, get advice for raising teenagers in France, and take a look inside a stunning rural retreat in Picardy
1. People in Indre-et-Loire have a reputation for being among the friendliest in France
Look indepth at Indre-et-Loire and what the department offers those who live, work and holiday there.
2. There is a correct temperature to serve champagne at
Find out what it is and why, in Richard Hemming's latest wine column.
3. Bécherel was the first town in France to become a Cité du Livre
Discover seven Cités and Villages du Livre that are the perfect place to get lost in a book.
4. A practical approach can pay divends when moving to France
Anne-Marie and Andy Smith figured out a way to enjoy the best of several world's when they bought a property in Dordogne.
5. Putting your family first can make business sense
Read how an expat in the south of France started an Anglophone kids club in her area
6. Your British will is as valid in France as your French will is
Get expert advice on Wills, inheritance tax, and power of attorney.
7. There is a theme park devoted to plant life in Angers
Amy Jones and family visit Terra Botanica in her latest 'Our grown up Gap Year' column.
8. Recamier is a type of backless sofa as well as a type of pelargonium flower
Sue Bradley discusses gardening in July and the woman, Mme Récamier, who a sofa and a flower were named after.
9. Making your outbuilding watertight should be a priority when renovating it
Read a step by step plan for renovating outbuildings on your French property
10. Mec means man or boyfriend in French teenage slang
Our Guide this month is all about raising teenagers in France.
11. Listening to language French songs is a great way to learn French as a family
We have ten useful ways to practice and improve your French language skills en famille.
If you want to read and learn more about life in France you can buy the June 2019 issue of Living France here.
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!