10 discoveries about life in France from Living France's May issue
PUBLISHED: 09:03 10 April 2019 | UPDATED: 10:09 11 April 2019
In the May 2019 issue of Living France you can find out how the selling a French property works and what it is like to live in Lot-et-Garonne, plus find out how Brexit could affect your life in France in a deal or a no-deal scenario
1. Pigeonniers are common features in Lot-et-Garonne
Find out all about the south-western department, learn what it’s like to live there and check out what kinds of properties are available.
2. Some French collèges have fast track language courses
If your children aren’t quite on board with moving to France, Lucy Shrimpton shares some advice on talking to them.
3. A mandat exclusif means you appoint one agent exclusively to sell a property
Discover the legal process of selling your house in France
4. Arles is one of Rough Guides’ must see places for 2019
Find out what makes this corner of southern France worthy of your attention.
5. Rendre chèvre means to drive someone up the wall
Our language pages are full of games quizzes and fun language facts.
6. A livret de famille is a family book noting each birth within an individual family
Our guide this month is on registering the birth of a baby.
7. When opening a gîte it can be helpful to find a specialism or USP
Hear from successful gîte owners about what helped them when starting up.
8. The aerospace industry is huge in Toulouse
Broadcast journalist Chris Bockman found there was a lot of opportunity and stories to report on when he moved to Toulouse.
9. Local quarries have great landscaping materials for gardens
An Open Gardens member discusses her own garden and her top gardening tips.
10. The installation of a swimming pool in your French property will incur a taxe d’aménagement
Planning expert Arthur Cutler runs through French taxes as they relate to planning and building.
If you want to read and learn more about life in France you can buy the May 2019 issue of Living France here.
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!