9 discoveries about life in France from Living France's February issue
PUBLISHED: 09:23 14 January 2020 | UPDATED: 09:32 14 January 2020
In the February 2020 issue of Living France we explore Côte-d'Or and the Burgundy wine heritage. We celebrate Valentine's day with some heart-warming love stories and learn about some warming winter dishes. Plus meet expats who have set up yoga retreats and a golf course in France
1. Côte-d'Or capital Dijon has wonderful examples of Gothic and Renaissance architectures and a thriving independent shopping and café scene
Explore Côte-d'Or, learn about Burgundy's wine heritage and find out what kind of properties are on offer in the area.
2. The French village of St-Valentin is decorated with roses and hearts for Valentine's Day
This February we have stories from six couples who found love in France including a couple who met on Tinder in their 50s.
3. Renewable energy is set to overtake nuclear in France by 2027
We have the stories from France that have been making headlines, plus the latest reviews, travel news and dates for your diary.
4. Yoga classes can provide year round business in France
Read how a former professional dancer now runs yoga retreats and classes in Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
5. There are different routes to self-employment depending on your chosen activity
Our guide this month looks at the rules and regulations of freelancing in France and we take a closer look at the steps if you want to register as a micro-entrepreneur.
6. Golf first came to France in 1856
Learn how a former city trader opened a mini-golf course in Hossegor.
7. Daube de boeuf is a favourite Sunday lunch in the French Alps
Take a winter food tour of France and discover some hearty dishes and regional specialities.
8. You can cook on top of a wood-burning fire
Columnist Laura Harley takes a look at some clever ways to keep heating bills under control in France.
9. Understanding French acronyms can be like learning a whole new language
Madeline Aveson-Gruber navigates from CPAM to SPANC and explains what confusing French acronyms actually mean.
If you want to read and learn more about life in France you can buy the February 2020 issue of Living France here.
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!