7 things we learned about France in the December 2020 issue of FRANCE Magazine
PUBLISHED: 09:43 28 October 2020 | UPDATED: 09:56 28 October 2020
As the festive season approaches, here’s a sneak peek of what you’ll find in our new issue
1) You can watch an extraordinary son-et-lumière in Pas-de-Calais based on Les Misérables
Victor Hugo visited Montreuil-sur-Mer in 1837 and was inspired by the town; today, 500 volunteers renact his most famous tale.
Find out more about Montreuil in our Quick Guide on p32.
2) Every December Lyon is bathed in light as the Fête des Lumières comes to town
Whatever the season, Lyon is a magical place to visit – throw some gorgeous illuminations in the mix and Fête des Lumières makes it an unmissable winter destination.
David Atkinson shines a light on the festival on p18.
3) Chocoholics will love the floating café in Paris called Le Bateau Chocolaté
The sweet treat takes pride of place at this Caribbean-influenced café-houseboat.
Stroll along the Seine on a tour of Paris’ famous waterway with Heidi Fuller-love on p42.
4) There’s an amazing Alpine restaurant where cows are the guests of honour
At La Ferme de Victorine in Notre Dame de Bellecombe, the dining tables overlook the cowsheds where you’ll see the cows munching away in winter for an a-moo-sing dinner experience.
Discover the charms of Val d’Arly on a snowsports adventure with Janet Brice on p52.
5) Dita von Teese was the first guest star at the Crazy Horse cabaret in the history of the show
The world-famous cabaret star will be performing at the Folies-Bergère from February 2021.
Dita shares her love of Paris with Chloe Govan on p106.
6) The Parisian lockdown led to a pain-demic for one of our intrepid writers
Alexander Burnett’s boulangerie adventures are sure to raise a smile on p62.
7) T’is the season for Paris’ Christmas markets!
From the Tuileries to the Hôtel de Ville, the City of Light is brimming with festive markets to brighten the end of a tricky year.
Take your pick from our selection on p34.
So what are you waiting for? The December 2020 issue of FRANCE Magazine is out now: order your copy here.
Or take advantage of our great subscription offers and get FRANCE Magazine delivered straight to your door every month!