9 things we found out in the February 2019 issue of French Property News
PUBLISHED: 09:17 16 January 2019
The February 2019 issue of French Property News is now on sale! Take a look at the things you could find out by reading a copy...
1. Inland Brittany is just as nice as the coast
Far from the celebrated Breton seaside, villages in the beautiful inland countryside have built dynamic and thriving communities. Discover where to buy on p26.
2. The northern Alps are hope to some of France’s cheapest ski resorts
We all know the glitzy resorts of the French Alps, but did you know that, in the lesser-known locations you could bag a real ski pad bargain? Read our lead news story p8.
3. There are still places in France where you can live in splendid isolation
But which location is fit for you? We take a tour of four tranquil areas in France to buy a home and live a quiet life on p34.
4. Sometimes, adding an extra bathroom can boost the value of your property
On p32, we look at ways to add value to your French property should you want to sell it eventually.
5. Create a mood board before redecorating your home
Get expert tips on designing your home in France with taste but always with a personal touch on p50.
6. Downsizing your expectations when househunting could be the best thing you do
A British owner of a pad in Antibes reveals her insight on how they bought their small apartment and make the most of it now on p64.
7. You should invest in the French Alps
The Alpine resorts in France are as popular as ever and can easily provide income as well as free skiing holidays. Find out how on p78 and where to invest on p56.
8. You can renovate your house entirely from abroad
Find out how one family managed the renovation of their house in the south of France with the start of a new Renovation diary on p58.
9. Don’t overlook northern Burgundy
Ideally located two hours from Paris yet blissfully tranquil and green, the north of Burgundy could be your next househunting hotspot. Discover more on p60.
Want to know more about French property? Buy the February 2019 issue of French Property News now!
Or you can take advantage of a great subscription offer and receive the magazine every month.