11 discoveries about life in France from Living France's March issue
PUBLISHED: 08:57 13 February 2019
At Living France we aim to bring you useful insight into life in France to help and inspire you to live the life you have always dreamed of. Here are 11 things we learned about life in France in our March issue:
1. Manche is affordable and offers great quality of life
We explore the northern French department, get a local’s and an estate agent’s view of Manche, and roundup properties for sale in the area.
2. Haut-Brion has a reputation as one of the best wine producers in the world
Read Richard Hemming’s latest wine column. Plus we have a recipe for baby leek galettes with goat’s cheese and wild garlic.
3. You should start researching removals companies three months before you move to France
Kate McNally has her guide to removals and a handy timeline of what you need to do in the rundown to moving day.
4. Lyon has been rated as the number one student city in France
We take a look at the top 15 and what makes each one a great place to study.
5. Some of the best renovations preserve the property’s history and features
Find out how the owners of a cider press, a watermill, and a convent school each gave their properties a new lease of life.
6. The word etiquette originated in the French court of Louis XIV at Versailles
Get the latest language news as well as our regular games and crossword – send your completed crossword to us for your chance of winning a subscription to Living France.
7. American style cakes have gone down a storm in Paris
We meet baking sensation Frank Barron who has made a name for himself as @cakeboyparis.
8. You can register a French speaking friend as an ‘ami de confiance’ in France who can receive medical information of your behalf
Becky Slack explains your healthcare options if you move to France with a pre-existing medical condition or if you are diagnosed once there.
9. When hiring surveyors and architects in France it is important to check their insurance status
Find out why it is a good idea to carry out a pre-purchase survey on your potential French home.
10. New flight routes to Montpellier and Rodez will run this summer
We have this month’s round up of the news, reviews, events and travel news around France.
11. Channelling your inner Basil Fawlty can have surprisingly positive results
In his latest column, Ian Moore discusses embracing his stereotypical Britishness.
If you want to read and learn more about life in France you can buy the March 2019 issue of Living France here.
Or, you can take out our great subscription offer and get the magazine delivered to your door every month!